Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub- Bridal Shower Favors



What is more fall than pumpkin? As I've said in the past, I LOVE all things pumpkin. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin air freshener... So when I was wracking my brain trying to decide what to give for my sister's bridal shower favor (that matched the adorable polka dot matchbook emery boards I bought over a year ago), I was ecstatic when the light bulb went on and I thought about making a sugar scrub.

My sister-in-law, Jamie, had just given me a case of small 4 oz mason jars- which made the perfect package for the sugar scrub. I found this website that detailed how to make a sugar scrub and created the perfect little fall favor. It took my mom about an hour to make 36 of these cute little favors. I'm super sad I didn't get one to take home, but I'll just make some for myself when I have some free time.

Total cost of this project: $33...about $1 a piece. What a great affordable favor!

Here is the recipe...

This recipe makes enough to do {12} 4oz jars...double, triple or halve as you desire!

1 dozen 4oz mason jars
2 C Brown sugar
1 C White sugar
1/2 C Vegetable oil
4 tsp Cinnamon ( I bought the $.97 bottle at Wal-mart...worked perfectly- don't waste your expensive spices)
2 tsp Ginger
1 tsp cloves

Mix all ingredients together. Place in jars and add a cute label or tag! If you'd like, add a small scoop.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...