Monday, December 26, 2011

Hot Cocoa Cookies...my favorite cookie I made this year!

These cookies are amazing. They have a sweet and salty combination that is perfect. The marshmallow center is perfectly gooey and in every bite. Every time I turned my head, Elsie was reaching for more. I finally had to banish everyone out of the kitchen so that I would have some cookies left for Christmas!


Hot Cocoa Cookies
12 marshmallows
1 C sugar
1 C butter
1/2 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 C Cocoa powder
2 C all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Slice marshmallows into thirds and put in freezer. Cream butter and sugars. Add unbeaten eggs and vanilla. Whisk together all dry ingredients and slowly add to butter mixture while beating on low.

Shape a tablespoon sized piece of dough around a marshmallow piece. Make sure all edges are sealed. Roll in sugar and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake 5-6 minutes. If marshmallow starts to peak through, take out immediately. Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet and transfer to cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...