Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Birthday Cake Pancakes

Happy birthday to my baby, Evelyn. She is one year old today. I can't believe she is already one year. I feel that the last year has flown by, but I suppose that's partly because she is a second child and I haven't devoted my undivided attention to her like I did Elsie.


She's started showing her personality in the last week. She is much sillier than her older sister and I can already tell that she is going to be the bane of her older sister's existence. She will suddenly stop playing and crawl as quickly as she can to Elsie and growl in her face or take her pacifier or anything else to get her older sister to pay attention to her. Just now, she spent five minutes leaning over to Elsie while Elsie was quietly watching a movie, and kept kissing her and laughing in her face. Poor Elsie was trying to ignore her, but in the end, the little monster won and Elsie finally kissed her back.


Ok, enough gushing about my little divas and onto the good stuff... Birthday Cake Pancakes. I wanted to do something special for Eveie's birthday so I started searching online for a recipe for birthday cake pancakes. I didn't find anything I liked, so I combined my pancake recipe with my yellow cake recipe and got the most fabulous, decadent pancakes I've ever had. So simple and so yummy!

Birthday Cake Pancakes
2 Cups bisquick
1 1/4 Cups milk
1 Egg
1/2 Stick melted unsalted butter
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1/4 C White sugar
Sprinkles

Syrup (enough just for one serving...3:1 ratio of sugar to milk)
3 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
1 Tbsp milk

Heat skillet to 350. Combine all the pancake ingredients. Mix in as many sprinkles as you'd like. Pour batter on griddle. Shake sprinkles on pancakes while cooking on the griddle.

Cook 3 minutes on one side and flip. Cook for 2 more minutes.  Mix sugar and milk. Pour over pancakes and add more sprinkles.  Makes approx {18} 3 inch pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...