Monday, March 26, 2012

Refurbished Easel DIY

It's been unseasonably warm here in Chicago. Due to this delightful weather, I have been on the hunt for outdoor toys for the girls. Last week, I purchased sidewalk paint for Elsie and the boys next store to paint with. Elsie loves to paint, so I thought this was perfect for her and me. She could create big master pieces and we wouldn't be wasting paper. Was I ever disappointed when they finally used it. Basically, it looked like a wet blob on the sidewalk.

So, I decided to search our local thrift stores for a cheap wooden easel that I could paint white. Then, the kids could just paint with the sidewalk paint on it and we could hose it down when they finished. The perfect solution.



Here it is...not that spectacular, but I like it.

 The easel.

















First I taped off the chalk board and dry erase board.

















Second, I applied two coats of semi-gloss white spray paint.

















Then, I applied one coat of clear acrylic spray paint

















Last, I added some polka dots I cut from vinyl on my Cricut.
















I can't wait for the girls to start painting! I'd love to know what you think, please leave me a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...