Monday, June 4, 2012

Cheese and Asparagus Stuffed Chicken



Since Asparagus is in season, I thought I'd share one of my favorite chicken recipes. I usually steam the remaining asparagus and eat it with my chicken. This recipe easy and a great change of pace from boring baked chicken breasts. This recipe is healthy and full of flavor. I hope you enjoy it!

Cheese and Asparagus Stuffed Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 egg white
1 C whole wheat italian bread crumbs
1/4 C Parmesan cheese
12 asparagus spears
2 slices mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375.

Pound chicken breasts until all the same thickness. Place egg white in a shallow bowl. Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a second shallow bowl.

Dip both sides of chicken in egg, then into bread crumbs. Place 1/2 slice of cheese and 3 asparagus spears on chicken and roll up. Secure with tooth pick, if desired. 



Place all four chicken breasts in a baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink inside. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...