Monday, June 18, 2012

Pinkalicious Strawberry Pancakes







Have you been introduced to Pinkalicious yet? Elsie has requested to read this book every night since I first read it to her two months ago. She loves it. We're at the point that I will start a sentence and she will finish it. She even sleeps with it at night. I need to find her a Pinkalicious doll as I'm sure the book isn't the most comfortable thing to sleep with.

So, we woke up the other morning and I decided to make her Pinkalicious Pancakes. She was so excited! And considering I've never made strawberry pancakes, I whipped up a fantastic recipe. The entire house smelled like strawberry shortcake. They were a hit. I don't think one made it to the freezer!

Pinkalicious Strawberry Pancakes

2 C flour
1/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C white sugar
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 1/4 milk
1/2 container of strawberries
1/4 C water
4 Tbsp vanilla
red food coloring
optional: pecans and diced strawberries

Set griddle to 350.




Hull strawberries, wash and dry. Add to blender. Add a small amount of water and blend.
















 Add water until you get the consistency of apple sauce. Throw out remaining water.


















If you don't want seeds, pour the puree through a sieve to strain. Push with the back of a ladle to push puree past the seeds.










Combine all remaining ingredients & puree and mix with whisk.  Add food coloring until you get the desired color. Pour onto griddle into desired size of pancake and flip after the edges are no longer wet






.
















I added diced strawberries and pecans to my pancake batter...I didn't think the girls would enjoy that in theirs. It was delish!



Enjoy with powdered sugar and top with diced strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...