Friday, November 9, 2012

Almost Homeade Vanilla Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting

I came across this cupcake recipe on Pinterest a few months ago and it has quickly become my new go-to cupcake recipe. I like to bake from scratch, however when I find a cake mix recipe that cuts time and tastes like it's from scratch, I use it. Also, it makes 36 cupcakes, so if you need more than 24, but not 48, this is a great recipe to use. I used my buttercream frosting recipe with it for my sister's shower. The cupcakes were amazing!

*One quick note- these cupcakes are very moist. I have found that the Wilton ruffled white baking cups are the best liners to use otherwise, the liners come off of the cupcakes. It does help to cool the cupcakes on a cooling rack rather than in a pan, but they will still separate slightly from the cupcake if they're not this liner. You can get them at any store that has Wilton brand baking supplies.

Here is the recipe:


Almost Homemade Vanilla Cupcakes

1 white cake mix
1 C all purpose flour
1 C white sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/3 C water
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 C sour cream
4 large egg whites

Preheat oven to 325. Place liners in your cupcake pans.

In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. Add all wet ingredients to a stand mixer bowl and beat for 30 seconds. Slowly add the dry ingredients.

Beat on high for 2 minutes. Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full. Bake for 18-22 minutes. Cool cupcakes on a cooling rack to avoid the paper cups pulling away from the cupcake.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...