Sunday, December 30, 2012

DIY Magnetic Dry Erase Weekly Menu Planner

I try to keep my life organized but the craziness usually takes over and I succumb to the chaos that is around me. The one thing that I am consistent about is menu planning. If I don't write down my menu before I shop, I spend too much and often come home with boxed dinners that are easy, but not very healthy.

I've had a menu planner I made about six months ago that I wrote the meals down on strips of paper and clipped them to cute little paper clips on the side. It was cute, but not very practical. I needed something dry erase to limit waste and a place to write a shopping list of things I run out of during the week.

So I came up with this little dry erase calendar. It cost me about $2 in materials. If you have a spare frame, scrapbook paper and a printer, you can have your own dry erase menu in about 10 minutes. I have ten spaces for dinners, but adjust to your family's needs. Usually, I plan in a few nights of left overs or eating out.

Here is how I did it...

Dry Erase Frame 

Supplies:
 
8 x 10 frame
Scrapbook paper- three coordinating pieces
"Menu" & "shopping list" printed from your computer
Spare magnets
Super Glue
Scrapbook adhesive
Paper Cutter







Cut your paper in the following pieces:
main piece- 8 x 10"
Coordinating background boarder- 2.5 x 8"
Menu spaces: 1/2 x 3 inches- 10 of these












Cut your printed pieces to your desired size and mat with one of your coordinating papers

Adhere all the pieces to the background paper how you desire.













Super Glue the magnets to the back of the frame.












And now you have a great menu planner that is eco-friendly, super cute and fits to your family's needs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...