Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chevron Strip Quilt DIY

One of my friends is having a baby girl next month and her baby shower was last weekend. I was so excited for the opportunity to make another baby blanket. I get ridiculously excited to come up with a new design for a blanket. Plus, I love the look of strip quilts. In addition to being much easier than a traditional block quilt, I think they have a very modern look.

I have been making quilts since college. I think my first quilt attempt was for my boyfriend, Jim for Christmas 1999. I know, a big undertaking right before the world was supposed to end for Y2K, right? Anyway, in the last 14 years, I've made dozens of quilts in varying shapes and sizes and I've never been able to do the binding right until now. I found this blog post by Red Pepper Quilts that does a fantastic job explaining how to perfectly machine quilt binding. It worked perfectly. I highly recommend it.

Here is my original strip quilt tutorial if you'd like to make one for yourself. I'm currently working on a fairy quilt for Elsie and a football field quilt for Logan...so I'll have a few more ideas to share this summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...