Friday, November 8, 2013

Turkey Hair Clip

 I love Thanksgiving! Its so nice to be able to relax with family and not have to worry about presents and shopping like you do with Christmas. It's also one of the few times I get to see my mom's side of the family.  My Aunt Margie has hosted Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember. She has an amazing spread every year. I'm actually dreading the time when I may have to take over this tradition because it will never come close to her Thanksgiving.

Here is the turkey bow I actually made last Thanksgiving for the girls. I think it turned out super cute and was done in less than twenty minutes.

Turkey Hair Bow...what you'll need

Small piece of tan felt
2 google eyes
small corner of orange felt
Skinny red ribbon for gobble
Several different ribbons of varying designs and widths
glue gun
3" skinny ribbon for the bow
hair clip

Cut out the head of the turkey. I drew it on a piece of paper and then cut the felt to size.










Cut a second circle that is slightly smaller than the head.




Cut the orange felt for the beak. Cut a 1/2" of skinny red ribbon.

Cut ribbons at varying lengths for the turkey feathers and glue to the smaller circle with the ribbons facing up.








Glue the larger circle on top of the ribbons.


Glue face on the turkey. Tie bow and place on the top of the turkey.


Glue on hair clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...