Saturday, August 27, 2011

Blueberry Cheesecake Cupcake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting



I first tasted this cupcake at a local cupcake bakery a few weeks ago. From that moment on, I've been on a quest to duplicate this amazingly delicious cupcake.  Whenever I bake, I always search my cookbooks and the Internet for the recipe and inevitable combine several and make it my own. So was the case with this awesome delicacy...enjoy!




Cream Cheese Filling
1 8oz package cream cheese
1/3 C white sugar
1 large egg
1/2 vanilla extract

Cake
1 C white sugar
1/2 C butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 TBSP vanilla extract
1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 C milk
1 C blueberries

Frosting
1 8oz package cream cheese
1/4 C butter
3 TBSP lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 C confectioners sugar


Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, egg & vanilla and beat until creamy and smooth. Set aside.



Cream together butter & sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time and add vanilla. Beat until combined.

Wisk together flour and baking powder. Slowly add to butter mixture and beat until smooth. Add milk and mix until smooth & creamy.  Fold in blueberries.


Spoon cake mixture into lined muffin pan. Add two tablespoons of cream cheese mixture to the tops of the cupcakes.  Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of a cupcake. Set aside to cool.


Beat cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, zest and vanilla until smooth & fluffy. Slowly add confectioners sugar to mixer until smooth.  Pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers if there are any :)

Yields 15 cupcakes

2 comments:

  1. Those look amazing! I wish you didn't live so far away so I could eat some right now. I think Elsie and I would make good "tasters" to your treats :) (I'm not sure if my name is going to show up on this..... this is Sabrina. It says "Sabrina and Jess" because apparently it recognizes me from when Jess and I tried to join a cupcake blog as interns stationed in Chicago. This obviously did not go well, as we never made it into the blog scene. It's sad when you can't even get an internship. haha.).

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... I was wondering who Jess was. It does stink I'm so far away- I have 12 cupcakes left...they were pretty good- probably worth a drive down.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...