Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Crockpot Beef Stew

My slow cooker is my savior. I'm in the car for three hours a day due to my commute and my crock pot is the only thing saving me from going through a drive thru every day. Today it's beef stew. I love a good beef stew on a cold day. The beef is wonderfully tender after cooking all day in the slow cooker and the flavors and aromas of the veggies and spices is the best thing to walk in the door to after a long day at work.

If you haven't purchased Reynolds slow cooker liners, yet, you're missing out! The only thing I hate about the slow cooker is the mess afterwards and these slow cooker liners make that a non-issue. I highly recommend going out and getting these before your next crock pot meal!


Slow cooker Beef Stew
1lb stew meat
1 onion
4 cloves of garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
5-6 small red potatoes, chopped
1 C baby carrots
1/2 C chopped celery
1 packet beef stew seasoning
2 C water

Chop onion and garlic. Saute in oil until onion is translucent and garlic is golden. Add veggies and raw beef to the slow cooker. Whisk seasoning with water and mix in onion and garlic. Pour over veggies and beef. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...