Thursday, March 29, 2012

Easter Wreath DIY


In an effort to keep my front door decorated throughout the year, I made this fun Easter Wreath. Michaels and Hobby Lobby both had their Easter decor for 40% off this week, but I didn't love anything they had. So I took elements from a few wreaths and made it my own. This wreath cost about $13 to make. I could have bought one a little cheaper with the discount, but then I wouldn't have had the fun of making it. :)

FYI- I used the metal wreath frame and affixed card board to it because I wanted the strength of the frame and the surface to glue on from the cardboard. You can just figure out what works best for you. I purchased the biggest frame I could get- it had about a 12 inch diameter inside the wreath.


Easter Wreath
metal wreath Frame
cardboard box
duct tape
2 marabou boas
hot glue gun and glue sticks
decorations- Easter eggs, letters, bows, etc.

First, trace your frame on the cardboard and cut it out.



























Adhere the cardboard to the metal frame with tape.












Hot glue two rows of the boa to the cardboard.













Glue your decorations to the wreath and hang with a ribbon. I cut out little flowers from vinyl on my Cricut. I also painted little carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...