Saturday, March 24, 2012

Homeade Poptarts



I love Pop Tarts...I rarely buy them because they're not diet friendly, but the couple times a year I do buy them, I cherish every bite. When I came across this recipe, I knew it had to be on the menu for Evelyn's breakfast birthday party. And the were a hit. I used my William Sonoma sandwich maker and it worked perfectly as a little pie maker...plus it made them adorable!



Homemade Poptarts

refrigerated pie crust- both crusts
Jam

1 C powdered Sugar
milk
Sprinkles

Preheat oven to 425.  Lay the bottom crust on the counter and spread jam evenly over the crust. Take the sandwich maker and cut through the crusts and then press to seal. 

Bake for 7-8 minutes until golden brown. Let cool.













Mix powdered sugar with milk- one tablespoon at at time- until you get it thin enough to pour, but thick enough to cover. Pour over pop tarts. Sprinkle with sugar or sprinkles immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...