Thursday, March 22, 2012

Play Make-up DIY


Clinton and I found an adorable play vanity at a resale website for Elsie's birthday. I am very devoted to buying used toys when I can. Not only have I saved hundreds of dollars over the past two years on toys that are used for a few months, but I also strongly believe in the "greeness" of reusing toys.

I purchased a little hairstyling set with it, but couldn't find any play make-up that I liked. Enter the love of my life-Pinterest. When I saw the following idea, I couldn't believe how adorable, easy and green this project is. I love how it turned out and I love even more that I was able to use some old things I had on-hand. I actually resented Mary Kay for changing their compacts a little less because I was able to repurpose my old ones for my babies.


Here is what you'll need:

Old nail polish
Glitter nail polish
Old compact- with make-up cleaned out
new, cheap make-up brush (or an old one you're able to wash... you can wash them with baby shampoo and they are good as new)

Pour nail polish into compact. Let sit over night until dry and not sticky. Brush on glitter nail polish. Let dry.











 Let your little divas play!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...