Sunday, March 11, 2012

Waterproof Burp Cloth

I haven't posted in a while, its been a crazy past few weeks. Kids have been sick, I went away on a scrapbook weekend with my girlfriends and it's just generally been insanely busy. But, I'm back. My sister-in-law's baby shower was yesterday and as a result, I have a few new baby projects to share that I'm super excited about.

First, is this burp cloth with a waterproof side and an absorbent side. I loved this project when I saw it in my new Babyville project book. I think this will be my new go-to baby gift. I didn't have babies that spit-up, but my friends have had some doosies, so I know they would have appreciated this gift and probably would have begged for more. Its made with Babyville PUL fabric. I asked an employee of Joann's today if there is any other brand that makes this kind of fabric since my Joann's doesn't carry Babyville, she said they used to carry something similar but they no longer carry it. So, as far as I know, Babyville is the only brand you can purchase. They have a few really cute patterns and some great solid colors. Unfortunately, its a little pricey, but completely worth it and some of the projects made with it are indispensable.

Waterproof Burp Cloth

Babyville PUL Fabric 20"x22"
Prefold cloth diaper
1 pkg double fold bias tape
Optional: applique and three 2" long satin ribbons to embellish
Coordinating thread

Round the corners of the prefold diaper. Trim the PUL fabric to the size of the prefold diaper.

Fold the ribbons in half and pin to the underside of the applique. Stitch the applique to the corner of the diaper. My machine had an applique stitch, if yours doesn't, use the zig zag stitch with the stitch width set close together.











Pin the prefold diaper to the PUL fabric so that the wrong sides are together. Stitch around the edges with at 1/4 seam


















Pin the bias tape around the edges of the diaper so that it covers the stitches and stitch around the diaper using a straight or zig zag stitch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...