Thursday, May 31, 2012

Crockpot Shredded Burrito Chicken


I LOVE Chipotle. It's probably my favorite fast food restaurant. We don't have a Chipotle within 45 minutes of my house, so I have to get my Chipotle fix in my kitchen and this recipe does it. First off, if you're looking for a great Cilantro Lime Rice recipe visit this website. This tastes exactly like Chipotle's rice.

This chicken tastes great in enchiladas, burritos, or tacos. This recipe tastes great made with a pork roast in place of the chicken.


Crock pot Shredded Burrito Chicken

 1-1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 (4oz) cans diced green chilis
3 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp oregano
1 Tbsp taco seasoning
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp salt

Place chicken in crock pot. Combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8. Shred with forks or put in your kitchen aid mixer and mix until shredded.

Enjoy with some rice, cheese, salsa, black beans and a margarita.

2 comments:

  1. I am so totally making this tomorrow night. Bought the ingredients on my way home from work today :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...