Sunday, February 5, 2012

$2 Cake Plate

I love my thrift store finds. I admit that I love telling people that I made the object they're ogling at. This is why I love wandering through Good Will or our local resale shops for anything I can make new with a little paint and glue. This cake plate cost less than $2 and will be adorable on the table of my sister's Mad Hatter Tea Party Bridal Shower.

Cake Plate

Candle Holder
Stove Burner Cover
Mardi Gras Beads

Hot Glue Gun
Spray paint
Clear Acrylic Sealer

Paint the candle holder and stove burner cover in your desired color. Spray with a clear sealer, if desired.

Attach the mardi gras beads with a glue gun. To make sure the beads are on straight, position the beads around the burner cover and glue to the cover on two opposite ends. Then position the mid point of the beads and glue half way between the two spots that you just glued on each side.  Adhere the burner cover to the candle stick with hot glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...